Contents of this site are copyright 2010 by WesSpur Tree Equipment, and may not be used without written
Customer Service: (800) 268-2141 (M-F 7AM to 5PM)
Tree Equipment, Inc.
Buy SpiderJack 2.1
Buy SpiderJack 2.1 Replacement Parts
The newest innovation from ART (Advanced Rope Techniques), the SpiderJack is an improvement of the popular Lockjack. By allowing slack in the line above to fall through the device with even less friction, the SpiderJack makes ascents in the doubled rope technique even easier. In addition, the SpiderJack also allows finer control over friction during descents, making tasks such as limb walking even easier by permitting the user to vary friction more subtly than before.
Smooth friction surface.
Works with 7/16” - 1/2” rope.
Free Shipping Offer
WesSpur offers free ground shipping for orders that meet the following criteria:
- $100 or more before tax
- Ship-to address within the continental U.S.*
- Standard-size and weight items (no poles, reels of cable or rope, or other oversized / overweight items**)
The free shipping offer covers UPS Ground. UPS Ground runs Monday-Friday. Stump Grinder teeth and Chipper Blades eligible for the free shipping offer are shipped via USPS Priority Mail, in Medium Flat Rate Boxes. UPS Ground requires a physical address for delivery (no P.O. boxes).
- *Residents of Alaska & Hawaii receive the best shipping rates via USPS Priority Mail, and may request a shipping discount equal to the cost of sending a similar package within the continental U.S.
- **Oversized items, such as pole saws, will be charged a separate flat fee of $15 for shipping within the continental U.S. You may order multiple oversized items and they will be covered by the original fee. Other items on the order will receive free shipping if they qualify.
- **Overweight items, such as reels of cable, will be charged a separate shipping fee. Reels of cable typically cost $40-50 to ship within the continental U.S.
- **Reels of rope are charged a flat shipping fee in the continental US. Spools of rope up to 9/16" are oversized, & ship for $25 in areas covered by our free shipping offer. Spools of rope 5/8” and larger ship for $50 in these areas. Regular shipping rates apply in other areas.
Read our full shipping help page here
This Item Ships free!* No-hassle Returns Ask A Question
WesSpur is happy to offer returns or exchanges on any equipment that is still in new condition. Our return policy is fairly simple and is meant to make your life easy. All regular stock items in new/unused condition may be returned for a full refund less shipping within 30 days of purchase. We do not charge restocking fees.
WesSpur can not accept the return of any used equipment or special-order items.
See our full Returns and Warranty Help Page
“Aside from burning through gloves on the descent, nothing compares! Not for beginners. Rewarding device for experts.”
- Smooth friction
- Precision control
- Ascend in DdRT
- Descend in DdRT
- Easy advancement
|Min Rope Size
|Max Rope Size
||9.6 oz (292 g)
Safety & Technical Information
Manufacturer instructions for the SpiderJack.
Download SpiderJack Instructions PDF.
Safe Usage Tips
- Using the SpiderJack requires wearing a harness with a low attachment point. The lower the SpiderJack is attached, the longer are the arm pull movements.
- The SpiderJack has no panic-function! Therefore it is necessary to follow user instructions especially in the learning phase!
- We need to inform you about a potential operating error with the Dyneema-Kit on the SpiderJack 2.1.
Recently, a climber had not clipped the stainless steel ring of the Dyneema-Sling into his lower Carabiner by mistake. That way he hung with half of his weight on the little screw (15 in the manual) which fixes the guiding flange (#16) of the Dyneema-sling. Luckily the screw didn't fail; the climber noticed that something was wrong when the flange became loose slowly.
The only duty of the guiding flange is to keep the Dyneema-sling in place on the SpiderJack. The load has to be taken by the lower Carabiner of course.
There is no danger when the Dyneema-Kit is used correctly; with the ring clipped into the climbers central Carabiner!
To avoid such operating errors in the future, we ask you to have a careful look at the attached diagram, which is also a part of the users manual of the SpiderJack 2.1.