Premium Rope Climbing Starter Kit
Premium Rope Climbing Starter Kit
Buy Premium Rope Climbing Starter Kit
Kit with Kolibri Click Saddle
Kit w/ Size 1 Harness
Kit with Ergovation
Kit w/ Small Harness
Kit w/ Medium Harness
Kit w/ Large Harness
Kit w/ XL Harness
Kit with treeMOTION
Kit w/ treeMOTION
The Premium kit has been upgraded in 2016 to provide a high-quality, streamlined set of gear that lets you climb in either single rope or doubled rope technique with the Hitch Hiker 2 hybrid device. This kit is specialized for SRT climbing; a Weaver Chest Box and custom tether keep you upright and tend the Hitch Hiker 2 during ascent, with the Camp Turbo Foot Ascender for a fluid ropewalker setup.
24-strand Velocity climb line from Samson is strong, lightweight, and feels nicely broken in right out of the bag. Also included are Petzl throw line/weights, an Edelrid cambiumsaver, and a Petzl Transport rope bag for hauling your rope and gear. This kit is available with either the Ergovation, treeMOTION, or Matt Cornell Rope Saddle, letting you customize the price & function.
Free Shipping Offer
WesSpur offers free ground shipping for orders that meet the following criteria:
- $100 or more before tax
- Ship-to address within the continental U.S.*
- Standard-size and weight items (no poles, reels of cable or rope, or other oversized / overweight items**)
The free shipping offer covers UPS Ground. UPS Ground runs Monday-Friday. Stump Grinder teeth and Chipper Blades eligible for the free shipping offer are shipped via USPS Priority Mail, in Medium Flat Rate Boxes. UPS Ground requires a physical address for delivery (no P.O. boxes).
- *Residents of Alaska & Hawaii receive the best shipping rates via USPS Priority Mail, and may request a shipping discount equal to the cost of sending a similar package within the continental U.S.
- **Oversized items, such as pole saws, will be charged a separate flat fee of $15 for shipping within the continental U.S. You may order multiple oversized items and they will be covered by the original fee. Other items on the order will receive free shipping if they qualify.
- **Overweight items, such as reels of cable, will be charged a separate shipping fee. Reels of cable typically cost $40-50 to ship within the continental U.S.
- **Reels of rope are charged a flat shipping fee in the continental US. Spools of rope up to 9/16" are oversized, & ship for $25 in areas covered by our free shipping offer. Spools of rope 5/8” and larger ship for $50 in these areas. Regular shipping rates apply in other areas.
Read our full shipping help page here
This Item Ships free!* No-hassle Returns Ask A Question
WesSpur is happy to offer returns or exchanges on any equipment that is still in new condition. Our return policy is fairly simple and is meant to make your life easy. All regular stock items in new/unused condition may be returned for a full refund less shipping within 30 days of purchase. We do not charge restocking fees.
WesSpur can not accept the return of any used equipment or special-order items.
See our full Returns and Warranty Help Page
Harness Sizing for Kits (waist size)
Buckingham (Viking, Spartan, Ergo)
New Tribe (Onyx)
One size fits 30”-38”
Your Kit Will Contain:
- Choice of harnesses
- 3' Cambiumsaver
- 200' Velocity w/Tight Eye
- Hitch Hiker 2
- Hitch Hiker Tether
- Weaver Chest Box
- 2 x DMM XSRE Carabiners
- 12' Blaze Flipline
- SMC Grip Adjuster
- Pirate Carabiner
- Turbo Foot Ascender
- Airline Throw Line
- 10 & 12 oz Jet Bags
- WesSpur Line Cube
- Transport Rope Bag
- Tree Climber's Companion
This kit contains all the Premium equipment necessary to climb a tree without spurs, and can be built on with some of the upgrades below for additional climbing techniques. If you are climbing a tree to remove it, one of our spur climbing kits
may work better for you.
Safety & Technical Information
Safety and Technical Information
- The harness options are intended for work positioning and not intended for use as fall-arrest harnesses
- Velocity rope has a breaking strength of 6,000 lb. and meets the safety requirements for climbing line
- The Rock Exotica carabiners included are double-locking and have a breaking strength of 6,075 lb. (27kN)
- Regular inspection of all equipment should be performed by a trained professional
- Adherence to the ANSI Z133.1 2006 safety requirements for Arboricultural Operations is highly recommended