Entry-level Rope Climbing Kit
Entry-level Rope Climbing Kit
Buy Entry-level Rope Climbing Kit
We've put this kit together to be the best starting kit on the market. We believe that entry-level climbers still need good equipment. This kit is full of rugged, dependable climbing gear that gets the job done without extra bells and whistles. This is our recommended kit for entry-level climbers who have a limited budget but nonetheless want quality equipment.
This kit has everything you need to safely enter the tree by using the body thrust method on doubled rope. This rope climbing kit is simple to set up and get started with, and comes with the Tree Climber's companion, which is an essential guide to knots, techniques, safety, and gear for beginning climbers. The harness features wide, padded back support and leather-lined sit sling - a big step up over the cotton canvas belts many climbers start with.
Free Shipping Offer
WesSpur offers free ground shipping for orders that meet the following criteria:
- $100 or more before tax
- Ship-to address within the continental U.S.*
- Standard-size and weight items (no poles, reels of cable or rope, or other oversized / overweight items**)
The free shipping offer covers UPS Ground. UPS Ground runs Monday-Friday. Stump Grinder teeth and Chipper Blades eligible for the free shipping offer are shipped via USPS Priority Mail, in Medium Flat Rate Boxes. UPS Ground requires a physical address for delivery (no P.O. boxes).
- *Residents of Alaska & Hawaii receive the best shipping rates via USPS Priority Mail, and may request a shipping discount equal to the cost of sending a similar package within the continental U.S.
- **Oversized items, such as pole saws, will be charged a separate flat fee of $15 for shipping within the continental U.S. You may order multiple oversized items and they will be covered by the original fee. Other items on the order will receive free shipping if they qualify.
- **Overweight items, such as reels of cable, will be charged a separate shipping fee. Reels of cable typically cost $40-50 to ship within the continental U.S.
- **Reels of rope are charged a flat shipping fee in the continental US. Spools of rope up to 9/16" are oversized, & ship for $25 in areas covered by our free shipping offer. Spools of rope 5/8” and larger ship for $50 in these areas. Regular shipping rates apply in other areas.
Read our full shipping help page here
This Item Ships free!* No-hassle Returns Ask A Question
WesSpur is happy to offer returns or exchanges on any equipment that is still in new condition. Our return policy is fairly simple and is meant to make your life easy. All regular stock items in new/unused condition may be returned for a full refund less shipping within 30 days of purchase. We do not charge restocking fees.
WesSpur can not accept the return of any used equipment or special-order items.
See our full Returns and Warranty Help Page
Rated: Excellent Review by: Mike & Sommerauthor
“This kit is great for us beginners. Within an hour we were off the ground enjoying our new hobby.”
“We ordered this kit for some additional tree work we were doing on our property and quite frankly we should have bought it sooner. After spending dollars elsewhere for equipment that really wasn't suited for the job we bought this one...WOW! It really is a complete tree kit all you need is your PPE and a saw! The best thing was that if an item in the kit needs to be upgraded just call WesSpur before you order and they will swap it out for you - no problem. Have to agree with the first review for simplicity and price this is quite a bargain.”
“While I have not purchased this kit yet, I have looked up each contained item seperately. I've done the math, and this kit is $400, compared to $739 for each of the contents separately. That's a $339 savings! This kit is definitely a good deal! ”
Harness Sizing for Kits (waist size)
Your kit will contain:
- Wide-back harness
- 150' Arbor-Plex rope
- RIT 9mm Eye and Eye Prusik
- 2 RockO carabiners
- SMC micro pulley
- 164' Marlow Excel throw line
- 10 and 12 oz throw weights (1 of each)
- Throw line pouch / mug
- 12' Flipline (16-strand Rope)
- US Standard flipline adjuster
- Pirate carabiner
- Tree Climber's Companion
- Canvas gear Bag
- Weaver saddles are made in the U.S.A. from rugged materials
- Wide-backed saddles feature improved padding and back support
- Adjustable flipline included in the kit gives the climber an extra point of attachment to the tree
- The included split tail set-up includes a micro pulley for easy slack tending
- Kit can be used to ascend and descend
- Throw line kit (now including two throw weights) provides an easy way to install the rope in the tree
- Rock Exotica carabiners have superior, pull-down gate action & manufacturing
- The included Tree Climber’s Companion is richly illustrated and explains tree terms, knots, and safe climbing practices using the equipment in this kit
Safety & Technical Information
Safety and Technical Information
- The included wide back saddle is intended for work positioning and not intended for use as a fall-arrest harness
- Arbor-Plex rope has a breaking strength of 6,000 lb. and meets the safety requirements for climbing line
- The Rock Exotica RockO carabiners included are double-locking and have a breaking strength of 6,075 lb. (27kN)
- Regular inspection of all equipment should be performed by a trained professional
- Adherence to the ANSI Z133.1 2006 safety requirements for Arboricultural Operations is highly recommended.
This kit contains all the basic equipment necessary to climb a tree without spurs, and can be built on with some of the upgrades below for additional climbing techniques. If you are climbing a tree to remove it, one of our spur climbing kits
may work better for you.
Entry-level Rope Climbing Kit Video
This video explains the basic setup of the type of tree climbing gear included in this kit. Please note that some items may have been updated in the kit since this video was made. This video is only meant as a general guideline in the type of items in the kit and general usage notes. Check current kit contents and updated photographs in the main description above and under the "Details" tab if you wish to verify exact kit items when purchasing.